Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Will Clonazapam Nhurt A Dog

His life was an art movement





His passion for the arts came in the speech, swelled with the theater and was rooted in poetry.
by Angel Elias Photo: Hugo Navarro
Cu Choc Maya (1968) is a poet and managing cultural roots Q'eqchi has made his life an art movement. It is known to be involved in almost all branches of art, but mainly in literature, with its three publications: The Last Things (collective), 1996, The Wheel, 2002, and Travel, 2005. However, he confesses that one of his passions is drama. Cu Maya is an artist committed and, with the simplicity that characterizes the existence shows us how it fits in perfectly with the poetic craft. It is also a tireless advocate for human rights, which makes it a case of pleasant surprises. In this interview we will know a bit about his life and work.

How began in literature?
started at age 12. I always liked poetry. Since childhood I read authors Guatemalans, mainly those of the native time.

How did poetry?
at age 12 also gave my first speech in school social tinted. I studied the basics at the Institute Enrique Gómez Carrillo. There was the first time I participated as a speaker, but was not sure what it was speaking. My dad made my first speech. But it was not exposed because teachers feared, given the political situation, was the 1980 -. The poetry came into my life through speech contests and then declamation. I liked to jump on stage.

What motivated you to continue experimenting in art?

Theatre. I joined an art project at the School of Latin American Folk Music Projection (Emprofola). Where I participated in all workshops that had marimba and song. Emprofola not offer courses in drama, so I decided to look elsewhere. During that time, the teacher Rolando Cáceres came to school where he studied and launched an invitation to join its theater group called Maize and Jade. Mounted a play called Gods and Heroes Popol Vuh, which caught my attention. Participated with the character of Ixkik. The theater teacher always encouraged students made by students. That was my awakening to art professionally. In the years I left this company and started experimenting popular theater. Later I entered the University of San Carlos de Guatemala, and two years of being there, a friend invited me to the university auditorium where I entered a singing workshop.

What about writing?

SEn 1993 and had written my first poems and share them with friends. But I also had the fortune to meet with an ad that advertised a workshop poetry. I gathered all my texts and gave them to who ran the workshop, the Bolo maestro Marco Antonio Flores-Guatemalan National Literature Prize. There I left my previous passions in the background and stayed with poetry.

What is it about poetry that made her leave everything else?


Although at the first workshop was destroyed my poetic work, was where I found my voice. Little by little I was leaving the social discourse that both had accompanied me and I reached the maturity that sought in art. Marco Antonio remember we used to criticize our work by all and he seemed to have fun with these clashes.

How did The Last Things?

In 1995, Marco Antonio we proposed to Emilio Solano, Alfonso Porres, Juan Carlos Lemus, Fernando Ramos and me that we participate in a publication. The book came out by the Ministry of Culture and Sport and its newly launched publishing, led at that time by Juan Fernando Cifuentes. It was published in July 1996.

do appear from the subsequent publication?

never thought to post alone, but attended a presentation of the book of poems by Francisco Morales Santos, who recognized me when I autographed a copy. I Editorial publish invited Culture, where it was the director. In those years I traveled to the United States to a poetic meeting where everyone brought their publications, except me. I returned to Guatemala, I looked for Morales Santos, who told me that they would leave my poems, and in May 2002 appeared La Rueda, edition that sold out two years later. Tour came in 2005, my second book, which was a personal publishing, almost familial. I did it in the editorial where I worked, my nephew and his friend as diagrammed, and the cover was made by my daughter.

In this second book are my published works and unpublished as blood Project Around the house. Also I appear in French and Canadian publications.

Who is Maya Cu in their literature?

My poetic work was regarded by reviewers as a lonely, painful and sad. Probably right. Right now my world has changed and my speech is on a new quest.

What does the silence in his work in recent years?

There has been so quiet. I stand between the defense of human rights and contributions in books, broadcasting and performing poetry readings. I have been fortunate to do what I like.

Source: Journal D .. FREE PRESS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment